I've created the first product type where products can have multiple variations. It has product variations and product attributes "taste" and it works well.
Then I created a second product by duplicating the first one (because the first one has many fields and I did not want to recreate them). Second, however, one should not allow variations. So I:
- Enabled "Each product may have multiple variations." on the second product (but even if this is checked, is there still a Product Variation Type drop-down list?)
- The variation type was deleted, but then switched to "standard".
- By default, I have disabled the Flavor field.
- When editing the product attribute "Flavor", only the first product variation type is selected.
- It was even attempted to delete and re-create the product attribute Flavor.
But no matter what I do when I try to create a new product in the second product type, I have this taste dropdown and it is a required field ?!
How can you get rid of this field?