I’m trying to develop an application to measure cube-shaped items using Unity with ARFoundation for ARCore. I have Identified the flow that should be followed up by I don’t have any heads up to develop this application.
My flow would be this.
- Identify the plane of the box that has been placed using AR Plane Manager
- Identify touches on the screen using the AR Raycast Manager
- The First touch should initialize the first point in the world space.
- The Second touch should be able to mark in the world space as well, then it should be able to create a line between the first and second point.
- After that, the third point of the box should be able to create in the world space which now produces a surface/ quad in the world space matching to the box’s surface area. After that as the final point will determine the height and the box should generate the cube accordingly. I have attached a gif to understand the flow better. Does anyone know how to script this algorithm?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated