What kind of charts show Plan (forecast) versus Actual for a series of points in time?
- Goal vs Actual sales in each quarter of the year
- Forecast vs Actual energy consumption in each month of the year
- Household expenditures, budget vs actually spent, each week of the quarter.
The obvious way is to simply chart a pair of lines, Y-axis is amount, X-axis is time intervals. One line for Plan/Forecast, another line for Actual.
Any alternatives are welcome. Specifically:
- I am using Vaadin Charts, with many examples in this Demo web site.
- Vaadin Charts is based on HighCharts with its own similar Demo web site.