sentinel at death’s door has the following wording:
At 6th level, you gain the ability to impede death’s progress. As a reaction when you or an ally that you can see within 30 feet of you suffers a critical hit, you can turn that attack into a normal hit. Any effects triggered by a critical hit are canceled.
PHB pg 292 describes the unconscious condition:
- An unconscious creature is incapacitated (see the condition), can’t move or speak, and is unaware of its surroundings
- The creature drops whatever it’s holding and falls prone.
- The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.
- Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.
- Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature.
Does this mean that, RAW, a grave cleric could make it so a pc would only lose one death save from the hit, instead of two?