How do you block more than 5,000 addresses (> = 5000 addresses / domains) with a web email app?
Why for which request?
Save e-mail addresses from a "subscription bomb". Accounts were targeted and registered for thousands of newsletters, sales catalogs, etc. The inboxes are flooded daily, so there is no practical solution. Years of e-mail addresses would have to be abandoned.
Probably no solutions
- A small manually entered blacklist feature due to the time required.
- I have already blocked a cleaned cleanup list (only unique addresses / domains) as a text file. The list size seems to rejuvenate, which is why I think it's solvable, not infinite.
- Functions with Bayesian ratings and / or machine learning. The attacker only logged in to receive tons of emails. A lot of normal companies that should not be labeled.
- I've just discovered Sieve scripts, though everyone has them, and their boundaries are not well documented.
- Add-ins / plugins. I'm trying to figure out how to use plugins too, but have not yet figured out how to do this.
– The reason I just have to figure out how to block 5000 is that the attack was big, but it was finite.