I am struggling with accessing the existing directory via FTP on my fedora server. I followed this tutorial (link) because I’m a newbie in Linux and things correlated with it.
On FileZilla I get a response:
530 Login incorrect
I have tried these things, and they didn’t help:
- I’ve checked that ports 21 and 20 are opened.
- I’ve disabled SE Linux.
- Double-check the login and password CAPSLOCK etc.
- Checked that “userlist_enable=YES”, and checked that the user I’ve created is on this list.
- Added and removed “-s /usr/sbin/nologin” when adding the user.
- Changed password with passwd
The config file is an exact copy of the one mentioned in the tutorial.
Is there something obvious that I’ve missed or is there a simpler way of accessing the existing directory via FTP on Fedora Server?