gui design – What is the name of the user interface and font in this picture?

This simple, terminal-like user interface was once popular in operating system installers. I recall it being used in the Windows 9X and Windows XP installers, but I recently noticed that the Debian minimal installer also uses it, which seems to indicate that it’s not proprietary to Windows. It’s also used in many BIOS.

What is the name of this user interface (and the font)? This screenshot is from the Debian minimal installer.

User interface