- I’m new to Jenkins…
- My goal is to create a Jenkins file for activate group of ansible-playbook – which will create a long installation of my tested product.
- I manage my Ansible files locally with VSCode and push them to Git repository.
- I also have an empty directory for Jenkins files.
- I build 2 containers in Docker desktop (Windows): Ansible and Jenkins.
- Ansible and Jenkins are on the same Network Id.
- Ping command is working from Ansible to Jenkins and vis versa.
- Both containers have access to Internet.
- My Ansible container has an access to my Ansible directory with its docker-compose file, like this:
... volumes: - ~/product/ansible:/ansible ...
- My Jenkins container has no access to the Jenkins directory.
- I installed Ansible plugin in Jenkins container through Jenkins site > Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins.
- I go to Create a Job > Freestyle project – under steps section, I filled name, paths for Ansible-playbook and inventories and that’s all.
- Of course – this pipeline wasn’t worked at all. Not to mention that no file was created in my Jenkins folder.
So, what are the missing parts in my configuration – in order it to be work?