multivariable calculus – What do you call a function that’s orientation direction goes back and forth as t increases?

Say I have a function, and say that as I increase t, the orientation of the function changes. What would you call this kind of function?

An example of this would be say;

x^2 + (y+1)/2 = 1

Where x = sin(t), and y = cos(2t)

Image of Curve

As you increase t in this function, the orientation will change, going back and forth in an infinite loop.

i.e. t = (n*π)/2 (as n –> ∞) will give points oscillating between (-1, -1) and (1, -1), what would I call this type of function? Is their a given name for something like this.