I'm trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 computer to a Linux computer (Lubuntu) via Ethernet.
I have the following setup:
(Linux machine) —- Ethernet —- (Windows 10 machine) —- WLAN —- (Router Modem Internet)
My Windows computer sees the Internet, but my Linux computer does not. Pretty sure the two machines can talk to each other.
I'm rummaging around in the dark and do not know what to try next. So far I have tried the following:
On Windows machine:
Network Connections displays both my wifi and my LAN (which it calls "unidentified network")
– I clicked on the network properties and selected "Allow other users to connect to the Internet through these computers" (I have tried this on both the Wifi network and the LAN).
– I tried to bridge the network connections
– When I perform a Windows Network Diagnostic on the LAN, I get the message "LAN connection does not have valid IP configuration
– When I touch google.com, I get the message "Temporary name resolution error".
– I start ipconfig on the Windows machine to find the IP address in the LAN. Then I try to ping that from the linux machine, and that seems to work.