I am having issue with my webcam it stops working randomly for indefinite time, these issue first occurred to me year ago after that I have reinstalled windows one time but these issue comes up occasionally.
Things I did,
- Applications have proper access to webcam meaning proper privacy settings Windows 10.
- Disabling/Uninstalling device doesn’t work.
- I used
procexp.exeof sys internals to search for
Physical Device Object Name,
Driver Filesbut doesn’t get any results in search
- I followed steps in this article using
procexp.exeto search for
#vidbut only results came up are of type
Symbolic Linkhaving handle name similar to
Device Instance Pathand have prefix like this
GLOBAL??USB#VID_and all of them are under
- Is it normal to have Symbolic link attached to Device handle?
- What is blocking my webcam?
- Does symbolic links I found in search are malicious?