If you are a Windows XP user, you can easily take advantage of Microsoft's many unique features. You can easily set an administrator password on your computer to protect your data from unwanted access. However, many users have problems if they forget the Windows XP password. You can easily reset your Windows XP password if you have forgotten it in several ways. If you do not know how to reset, read this article and follow these methods.
Did you forget your Windows XP password? Then follow the steps below:
Method 1: Reset in Safe Mode
Safe Mode is one of the successful ways to reset your Windows XP password. You can do this by following these steps:
· Restart your computer and press the F8 key until the computer completes the boot process.
· Choose safe mode with command prompt.
· You have now successfully called Safe Mode and switch to the Control Panel.
· Tap the user account and then select Change Account.
· Then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Method 2: Reset the password by using the command prompt
The command prompt is another method of resetting your password in Windows XP. Follow the instructions below to reset the password:
· First press the Windows key + R and the Run dialog box will open.
· Now enter CMD in the Run field and press Enter.
· Then enter net user [account name] [new password] under the command type.
· Now you must clear the previous password and then enter a new password for Windows XP.