I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my Lenovo Twist. However, the touchpad does not work when I boot the computer for the first time after shutting down the computer. After restarting the computer, the touchpad will work. How can I get the touchpad to work when I boot Ubuntu? Do I have to configure something in the BIOS?
For clarification, when I run
xinput At startup / boot I do not see the SynPS / 2 Synaptics TouchPad and the TPPS / 2 IBM TrackPoint. When I restart my computer (not at shutdown),
xinput shows both.
I uninstalled the Synaptics driver, which did not lead to a touchpad behavior even after a reboot. So I reinstalled it, which then caused the above behavior again.
I changed the grub file several times under the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT =, without Fix:
- calm splash i8042.nopnp
- i8042.reset softly splash
- quiet splash i8042.kbdreset = 1 i8042.nomux = 1 i8042.reset
- quiet splash i8042.kbdreset = 1
- quiet spraying i8042.reset i8042.nomux = 1
- calm splash i8042.reset
- quiet spraying i8042.nomux i8042.reset = 1
- calm splash i8042.nomux
- quietly squirt i8042.reset i8042.nomux i8042.nopnp i8042.noloop
- i8042.nomux = 1 locale = fr_FR i8042.reset
I blacklisted i2c_hid and commented out i2c_i801 from /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf with no results.
I followed the instructions of the following links to no avail:
- Dell Inspiron 3551 touchpad does not respond
- Touchpad does not work after Suspend Ubuntu 16.04
- Touchpad under 16.04 does not work
- The touchpad does not work at startup, but at reboot
- Problems with the touchpad / keyboard
- The touchpad is not recognized
Suggestions would be very grateful.