I would like to know if a Bitcoin burn address can be bound to a string. This question is not
OP_RETURN or other ways to embed in a blockchain.
Here are the processes I went through:
- Create a 21-byte string (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
- Convert this string to Hex here: http://string-functions.com/string-hex.aspx. I receive: 6161616161616161616161616161616161616161
- Take the SHA256 twice here: http://extranet.cryptomathic.com/hashcalc/index Get the first four bytes: 7df8e299
- Now I have a hex string: 7df8e2996161616161616161616161616161616161616161. I convert it to a Base58 encoder with a hex: https://incoherency.co.uk/base58/
- Finally, I get the following string: sgwP7Xqw3GWATXNF9TW3RyDG16vbzTgRHA. What I put in the Bitcoin address cheker: http://lenschulwitz.com/base58.
- The mistake I get is
Invalid bitcoin address! Bad SHA-256 checksum!
What have I done wrong?