sharepoint online – A new app catalog site cannot be created

If you select "Create a new app catalog site" in the "App catalog" section, the following error message appears: "Updates are currently not allowed for GET requests. To allow updates for a GET, set the" AllowUnsafeUpdates "property in SPWeb firmly. "

Is there a way to diagnose the problem and can you solve it simply by waiting?

magento2 – Flat catalog tables have been considered bad practice since M2.1.x and higher?

Magento no longer recommends using a flat catalog as best practice. Continued use of this feature is known to result in performance degradation and other indexing problems. A detailed description and solution can be found in the help.

Affected versions are:

  • Magento Commerce Cloud 2.1.x and higher
  • Magento Commerce (on-site) 2.1.x and higher
  • Magento Open Source 2.1.x and higher


The above link points to another help page:

Problem Flat indexers can cause:

Severe problems with SQL utilization and site performance. Run and stick for a long time

Why is this proven method reversed for large catalogs? Are the problems with high SQL utilization and site performance new? Or is it a risk that was always there?
Have there been any changes to this topic in the code base since 2.1.x and higher?

magento2 – Magento 2 bulk catalog update is not running

Since upgrading to 2.3.4, when I try to update attributes for products in bulk, I get a "Pending Queue" message that is not responding.

Crons are installed and working, I tried to delete everything in the magento_bulk Table and then add this to my env.php (then recompile and delete cash) to no avail:

'cron_consumers_runner' => (
'cron_run' => true,
'max_messages' => 2000,
'consumers' => (

catalog – Magento 1 – hide customer products

We have a problem with visibility. We need to add some new configurable products, but customers should only be able to see them after we test them.

How should we do it right?

My idea is to create a new category that doesn't appear in the menu and set the URL to something cryptic like hidden_new_products_2020 so that nobody can find it and set the visibility to "catalog" in the product, so that it is not shown in the search.

But is that the official way or is there a better approach?

It would be best if we could create the products in our non-public staging shop (clone shop) and then only export the products and import them into our live shop. However, this does not seem to be possible.

Development – The app catalog is not displayed in the SharePoint Admin Center site collection

I'm working on SharePoint add-ins to create a remote event receiver. I have generated an app file and need to make it available on my SharePoint website. I followed the link below to create an app catalog for my website.

Reference: Create an app catalog in SharePoint Online

After completing all of the above steps, I visited SharePoint Admin Center site collections to get the app catalog home lisk, but the app catalog does not appear there.
How did I make a mistake when I followed the reference steps?

magento2 – Catalog: Image: Product image size not found in Magento 2. Can we skip the error for product image not found?

When we run the catalog: image: resize the code. If the product image does not exist in the path, the entire resizing process is aborted with the error message "Image not included in the path".

After we have removed or replaced the image in this path. Run the same code again. The whole process starts over.

Can anyone suggest the relevant code to skip the non-feathered product images from the process?

magento2 – Magento 2 – Extending the catalog module class does not work

I am working on a module that is to be expanded MagentoCatalogModelCategory to get the thumbnail url. I have the code on getImageUrl in the base class.

I have my main model file CategoryThumbnail.php:

        if ($image) {
            if (is_string($image)) {
                $store = $this->_storeManager->getStore();

                $isRelativeUrl = substr($image, 0, 1) === '/';

                $mediaBaseUrl = $store->getBaseUrl(

                if ($isRelativeUrl) {
                    $url = $image;
                } else {
                    $url = $mediaBaseUrl
                        . ltrim(MagentoCatalogModelCategoryFileInfo::ENTITY_MEDIA_PATH, '/')
                        . '/'
                        . $image;
            } else {
                throw new MagentoFrameworkExceptionLocalizedException(
                    __('Something went wrong while getting the image url.')
        return $url;

And I have this template extension in the block folder Thumbnail.php:

thumbnail = $thumbnail;
        parent::__construct($context, $data);

    public function getThumbnailUrl() {
        return $this->thumbnail->getThumbnail();

Content of di.xml and module.xml below:



When I try to load the thumbnail URL $block->getThumbnailUrlI do not understand. I tried it on the side by itself and with echo strval but still empty.

I cleaned and flushed the caches and ran rm -rf generated/ to ensure clean caches and no residual code. Last but not least, I also ran setup:di:compile and did not get any errors. I have clearly done something wrong, but I am not sure what will happen because I never get errors. Just doesn't work.