australia – What does the Australian eVisitor visa allow you to do in terms of leaving and re-entering?

Since I am a French citizen I can apply for the eVisitor (subclass 651) visa. However, there is something that seems a bit ambiguous.
On the Australian government website it is written that with this visa you can stay: “for up to three months at a time within a 12-month period.​”

Does that mean that someone with this visa could spend 3 months in Australia, fly to another country, and then come back the day after to stay 3 more months?
It seems more likely to me that in reality it means you can stay up to 3 months in total in Australia over a period of 12 months, but I still wish for another opinion on the matter.

I’d like to plan a year long trip to Australia. I’m currently looking at the different options to do that.

EDIT: I was able to confirm Newton’s answer. It is possible to travel back and forth from Australia every 3 months with an eVisitor visa. However, Peter Green’s comment was on point as well. The border guards were very inquisitive about my repeated visits. They searched my phone and my laptop. That was not a pleasant experience.

customs and immigration – Do you need to show a valid visa to when leaving Northern Cyprus?

The TRNC does not require that your student visa be current, as long as you leave within 60 days of its expiry. You should be within this time frame if you leave by the end of November, as TRNC student permits are issued for a year’s time frame which begins and ends on the last day of September, e.g. 30 Sept 2017 – 30 Sept 2018.

According to the Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you do not need a visa for your connection in Turkey (flight from Ercan to Atatürk) as long as you stay in the transit area.

If you will not leave the transit lounge at the airport you are not required to have transit visa. Otherwise, you have to make visa application to the nearest Turkish Representation. Contact information of the said missions can be reached through (Ministry/Turkish Representations).

However, should you not have everything you need for your onward flight (e.g., separate ticket, boarding pass, baggage is not checked through) and you need to leave the transit area, you would require a visa (since your student visa has expired). As you are en route to the US, for which you would need to have a visa, that US visa means that you can use the electronic visa site. It takes about 3 minutes via the online system.

Pakistan: Official passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels to Turkey up to 90 days. Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders with a valid Schengen, USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit may get their one month single entry e-Visas via the website

As you don’t mention your university, Cyprus International University immigration procedure is used as a reference.

xterm – Opening a terminal, running a command, and leaving an interactive terminal open

I don’t have high hopes for this, but what I’m trying to do is create a Desktop shortcut that, when clicked, opens a terminal (preferably mate-terminal, but I’m not picky), runs a command, and leaves the terminal open in an interactive session. Ideally, I would be able to arrow up in the new window to rerun the command.

Things I have tried:

  • mate-terminal --command "bash -c 'ls;$SHELL'": I cannot see what command was run and I cannot arrow up to rerun the command.
  • Changing the MATE terminal preferences to Keep Open: It keeps the window open, but it’s not interactive. All I can do is close it.
  • xterm -hold -e 'bash -c "ls"&&$SHELL': I cannot see what command was run and I cannot arrow up to rerun the command.

What I’m trying to do is create a shortcut for a command-line application that opens a terminal and runs whatevertool -h and then just waits for the user to do what they need to do. Is what I want possible?

Does leaving behind a business and child count as proof of intention to return for UK Visa?

I know this has been done many times before but I’m seeking advice on my situation.

I’m a professional British citizen living in Asia. I have been with my Filipino Girlfriend for around a decade. I provide for her financially. She has a small food and beverage business in the Philippines which is in her name. She has all the paperwork to prove this, including business permits etc. Unfortunately, as it’s basically a cash in hand business not much of the takings are deposited in a bank, although she does have an account.

She has a 14 year old Daughter from a previous relationship and we have an 18-month old Son together who has my surname and I am named on the birth certificate.

I would like to take my Girlfriend and Son to the UK for 2 weeks this
year to visit my parents/my sons grandparents who are elderly and
would find a long journey difficult. I have the following questions
surrounding her being able to prove that she intends to return:

  • Would the fact that her Daughter, who lives with her and is reliant
    on her, will be staying behind in the Philippines be enough to show
    she intends to return?
  • Would the fact that she owns her own small business (and has all the
    documentation to prove this) be proof that she intends to return,
    despite not having accounts etc to show it is profitable?

Does the fact that I am my sons Father and I want him to see his elderly grandparents and meet his wider family members count for anything? Obviously an 18-month old baby is too young to spend 10 to 14 days away from his Mother.

For the record I will be sponsoring her trip/paying for flights/paying for private medical insurance for the both etc.

Edited to add from comments: My girlfriends mother will be taking care of the daughter and has provided a letter to state this. I can prove that I support my girlfriend, although I work and live in Singapore.

❓ASK – Are there laws preventing top organization employees from leaving the organizations to start their own similar business | Proxies-free

Earnings Disclaimer:  All the posts published herein are merely based on individual views, and they do not expressly or by implications represent those of Proxies-free or its owner. It is hereby made clear that Proxies-free does not endorse, support, adopt or vouch any views, programs and/or business opportunities posted herein. Proxies-free also does not give and/or offer any investment advice to any members and/or it’s readers. All members and readers are advised to independently consult their own consultants, lawyers and/or families before making any investment and/or business decisions. This forum is merely a place for general discussions. It is hereby agreed by all members and/or readers that Proxies-free is in no way responsible and/or liable for any damages and/or losses suffered by anyone of you.

leaving MS for ubuntu-linux

I’m about to convert to Linux world, private and my company, after making a study for a year, i still hesitate, do to the fact, that i dont possesses the knowledge. i’m running ubuntu 20 on several laptops and thats so so, because it is hard to learn and make new SW installments. next step is to setup my servers, so what SW to use, i’m leaning towards ubuntu again? PLM system? what about open PLM? the ideal during my trancition would to run double OS, but i still havent figured out, how to get rid off, the one i dont want to keep.can i run server with ubuntu, and still have access from MS, just storage/folders? I have tried to find a normal person in south west of Sweden who can help me at site, but the few i have found want a fortune to help!

customs and immigration – Leaving Switzerland during studies, EU citizen

I’m an EU citizen, and study in Zurich, Switzerland. I’m enrolled for the following semester.

My housing lease is expiring and I haven’t managed to find other affordable accommodation, so I must leave Switzerland for my home country. My residence permit expires on the same day as my lease, and I’ve applied for an extension before I knew I would not find accommodation.

  1. What will happen to my residence permit, which is being processed right now? Will I be able to enter Switzerland again when I find some apartment? (If e.g. my country is on a high-risk Covid19 list then.)

  2. Am I breaking some Swiss law if I receive my residence permit, but don’t have an address for some time? Is my residence permit valid for entering Switzerland again?

  3. Is it a good idea to pay someone that I know to register me as a subtenant, so I have a postal address? I don’t plan on being in Switzerland for a while, I will only maybe need to reenter for exams. Is this even legal?

applescript – Leaving the last 9 characters of a filename in Automator

I have a ton of files to rename where we only need the last 9 characters of the file.

The files are currently named as this: FirstName_LastName_000000000.pdf.
Essentially, I want to rename the files so that they are named as such: 000000000.pdf

If somebody can assist with providing a way of doing so that will be awesome.