We do not have many .lnk files on a Windows Server 2016.
Click on the link
91205248__Orig.lnk causes the error:
Problem with the link - the drive or the network ....
What I found out
- The .lnk file can be edited in the Explorer
- The saved Path is correct
"R: my subfolder case folder 2012 91205248"
- After cutting and saving the same path, the .lnk works
- Size does not work .lnk files: 15kb
- Size work .lnk (after saving again): 2kb
Tracing with sysinternals procmon.exe
Working LNK file:
LNK file does not work:
The size changes after saving again
15 kb = does not work original
The system is migrated from Windows 2008 R2 file server / terminal server to server 2016 file server / terminal server
- How can faulty LNK files be detected?
- Is there a way to fix the problem (except that each LNK file is manually reopened and saved)?