By definition, variable data printing (VDP) is a form of print readiness that retrieves records from a particular database to personalize text and photos from one printed piece to the next, without affecting or slowing down the printing method.
Sounds like a bite, but is actually a simple concept when it matters.
VDP is not always a new concept. It has been in circulation for just over a decade, but is becoming increasingly popular as marketers are looking for ways to make their junk mail campaigns the most effective.
With VDP, entrepreneurs can customize their own requirements Current mailing database in many different ways. The simplest and most famous form is the personalization of the salutation (ie H. Dear Mary). As the era progresses, alternatives evolve and customization becomes even more complex. Now you could ….
• Assign unique promotional codes to specific companies
• Personalize offers for a selected demographic group
• Apply personalized URLs (Purls)
• Adjust your message based primarily on past purchases and prediction of fate needs
• Personalize snapshots (eg, "Mary" on a photograph of clouds, a sandy shore, a structure, a path signal, etc.).
Actually, the elections have grown to be unlimited.
The latest method in variable fact printing today is the so-called door-to-door mapping. The reputation can not be better served; The door-to-door assignment provides instructions from the "front door" of the receiver to a destination that is distinguished by the use of the sender.
With B-to-B and B-to-C capabilities, door-to-door mapping provides the ability to respond quickly and easily to direct-to-consumer campaigns. As the sender, it is not easy to transmit an excessive impact message, but now it makes it easier for the target audience to respond to your offer by giving them directions for your event. An ideal door-to-door application is an invitation to an event.
Here are some industries to gain by using door-to-door mapping and usage examples:
• Healthcare ….. Recruitment of new stakeholders via a new press center
• Real Estate ….. Invite open residence
• Education ….. Freshman elegance orientation or alumni event
• Production ….. Demonstration of new products or trip to production units
• Financial / Banking ….. Invitation to an Estate Planning Seminar
• Casino ….. lure from the booth "excessive reels"
• Advertising organizations ….. Invitation to the "Dealer Day"
• Restaurant ….. Provide a new location ad and coupon
• Non-profit agencies ….. Invitation to donate
While door-to-door mapping can generate a great deal of responsiveness, as it is a unique and personal form of variable fact printing, the key to success is the ability of the agency to plan in advance. By segmenting your database and maintaining current records, you can re-market your data for greater impact. Although it's time to eat, it's ultimately worth it.
In a time of technological advances, junk mail alternatives are best kept growing and trading as we have seen since door-to-door mapping began. The strengths and blessings of using VDP in direct mail campaigns are enormous, but the downside that marketing professionals need to remember is that the higher the impact, the greater the response.