I am trying to set up emailing facility for a small non profit organization. We use a gmail account as our official email and all emails are sent from that sender.
I tried two services so far, SendGrid and MailChimp. I am basically looking for the followings
- I can use place holders to use user’s name, address etc in the email template.
- The email must be delivered. It is a group of around 300 people, and we dont want to miss anyone just because of technical glitch.
Now here is my observation after trying out these two services:
- [+] Possible to use placeholders.
- [-] The delivery rate is extremely low. Most of the time it does not deliver to all recipients. Misses yahoo.com or other organizational domains. Even get into spam in Gmail.
- [+] Delivery is fantastic. Emails arrived in yahoo.com or any other organization domains momentarily.
- [-] Not possible to use placeholders.
My question is:
* Why the delivery quality is different in two services given my I configured with exactly same amount of information I have.
* Is there any way to configure SendGrid to send emails from a Gmail sender and ensure no email is missed.
Really appreciate your help.