I do not use Perl, but I use Slic3r, which apparently uses Perl.
I do not know what it did, but an update broke Perl somewhere and I have no idea how to fix it. I have searched a lot, but most of the "solutions" found require some understanding of how Perl works and its packages. I do not have that.
Somewhere along the way I tried a script called
find-broken-perl-packages but that did not work because there are a lot of things I did not install (Pacman command not found,
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl no such directory etc).
I also found another "solution" that suggested rebuilding everything
cpan (I forget the command that I executed, it worked and it took F.O.R.E.V.E.R.), but that had no effect.
Without insulting the Perl crowd – I do not really care much about learning Perl beyond what I need to fix it so I can use Slic3r again.
When I try to run Slic3r, I get the error:
ListUtil.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xde00080, needed 0xce00080)
and when I try to let it go
Build.PL Script to rebuild Slic3r, I get:
Cwd.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xde00080, needed 0xce00080)
lots times. I do not really need to recreate Slic3r, I just thought it might have fixed the problem.
Run Ubuntu 19.04