Entry from Israel to Jordan: Visa on separate paper instead of passport stamp?

Last week I did a guided tour to Jordan (Jerach, Petra) from Israel. As usual, I received a Jordan stamp in my passport.

As you may know, if your passport contains evidence that you have visited Israel, you will no longer be able to enter some Islamic countries. Israel solves this by giving you a piece of paper instead of a passport stamp. However, since the Jordan stamp mentions the name of the border crossing and that means I was in Israel, I can not now use my passport to enter these countries.

I like passport stamps, so I do not mind having an extra stamp in my passport. But I am also interested in Iran, for which I now have to get a new passport.

At the hostel I lived in, several other people did exactly the same tour, but a few days earlier. They used the same border crossing and one of these people came from the same country as me and therefore had the same passport. The strange thing here: You have not got a passport stamp, but the stamp on a separate piece of paper.

I asked our tour guide in Jordan about it and he said it was impossible and Jordan always stamps passports. However, I have seen the piece of paper with my own eyes.

Does anyone know the current policy? When do you get a passport and when do you get a piece of paper?

Customs and immigration – Can a non-EEA passport holder with a biometric residence permit (BRP), who accompanies the EEA family, join the EEA quota at the borders of the United Kingdom?

I believe this May 8, 2019, Freedom of Information response raises an "official" light on this issue: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/queue_allocation_for_britishnon.

It says that

".. Passengers who are not from the EU or the EEA and travel as family members of a British citizen or an EU / EEA national may join the EU / EEA queue. subject to local queue management arrangements, .. "

This suggests that users must independently identify these "local queue management agreements" from the specific border sites.

I would be grateful if someone (https://www.gov.uk/topic/immigration-operational-guidance) could prove from the official documents or other official state sources that borders can actually set their own queuing on-site.

Enter image description here

Problem with my mother's name and the date of birth of her old US tourist visa and passport

I need your help with something that has really stressed me. So I just moved from Pakistan to the US 6 months ago. My husband is a US citizen and I hold a US Green Card (permanent residence). I am now pregnant and really want my family to be with me in this emotional and beautiful time. My parents are overjoyed because they are becoming grandparents for the first time and can not wait to meet me and their grandchild. The only problem is that my mother traveled to the USA on a tourist visa in 1992, but the spelling of her first name ("a" and now she writes "e" in the spelling of her name) and the date of birth ("28", then and "22" now) on her old passports (before her wedding) is different from now (after her wedding) .Since her last name changed after marriage, which is very common, there was also a spelling mistake in her first name and only at her date of birth (month and year are the same) .That was due to spelling mistakes at the time and she has no idea why it has not been corrected.Now she has to apply for her US tourist visa again, she should get a new passport and ID card with the same old name and birthdate when she first traveled to the US, or should she continue with her current information, but how? Because in earlier records when she came to the US, her informa things are different and they can not find them based on their new information. What is the solution? To help you

us citizens – Dublin to Belfast by bus. Where can I get my passport stamped?

You actually I can not travel to the UK after 90 days in Ireland. The 90 days are valid for the entire common travel area, not only for the Republic of Ireland!

The United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland form part of the common travel area

This means that there are no border controls, immigration or customs regulations between the two countries, so you can not have your passport stamped as evidence. The 90-day stay you had when you entered the Republic of Ireland therefore applies to the entire common travel area, not just the Republic of Ireland.

This article describes more details for different circumstances.

Implications of crossing the land border between Ireland and Northern Ireland for an American

For your information on cross-border travel: It is generally accepted that you must keep your own travel document between the countries. This means boarding passes, ferry tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, etc. that prove your trip. This should be sufficient in most cases.

UK new visa application – I have to submit my old passport with expired visa, but I have no old passport

I had an earlier British visa for my old passport and applied for another new visa. Now I have a new passport. My document checklist, of course, requires my passport, but says that I must present my old passport if I had a visa before. I have a picture of my old passport, a picture of my old visa and all the numbers, but I do not have a physical old passport to file.

My biometrics appointment is imminent and I may find / retrieve my old passport later than my term. Is it acceptable to first provide images / copies to provide the physical copy later? What if I can not find the physical copy but can deliver pictures?

I may also need my old passport for 10 years of travel. I have no pictures of it. What am I doing?

Do you need to send a passport to the New Zealand embassy to get a visa (Indian living in the US)?

We apply for a work visa for Australia. And also thought about applying for a visa for New Zealand. But it looks like we might have to send us a passport for a NZ visa. (Australian visa does not need it). Does anyone know if we need to send the pass safely? We have to leave by the 26th of September. So sending a passport is risky and we're considering dropping the plan for New Zealand.

Passport – tiny tear on the edge of my passport page

You therefore do not need to replace your passport. Here are the real issues that make this necessary:

  1. On the main page, where the photo and all data are located, something is not easy to read. Usually they laminate it, so it's really, very hard to do. You must first break the laminate seal and then bring water underneath.
  2. A piece is torn out, which makes it questionable, which number is this page. Often, they have multiple markers on one side to make it harder to navigate a spare page easily. Even if one of these marks is missing, it is time for the replacement of the passport.
  3. It lacks a piece big enough that it could have been a stamp.

Basically, your data and history should be intact.

Cracks from poorly removed staples, normal signs of wear at the edges, these are fine. The stamp pages of my passport from my "digital nomads" ended up looking like a small animal nibbling on the edges. Heck, a very good friend of mine put her passport through a washing machine and it was still alright, I know, because we went to the CBSA office in downtown Vancouver to look it up, and they said it okay.

Indian – The name on the ticket should be according to passport or visa

My cousin is planning to visit me in the US and has approved a B1 / B2 visa. Her name on the pass is: FIRST NAME – AAA, LAST NAME – BLANK, while the name on her visa reads: FIRST NAME – FNU, LAST NAME – AAA. Now, when she books her ticket from India to the US, what name should she use? Should it be loud passport or visa? She plans to travel with Air India. When she leaves India, the airport authorities check her passport data, in the United States the immigration officers check her visa. So we do not know which name pattern to follow, and book their tickets accordingly. We are really confused! Is anyone else in the same situation?

europe – As a Tunisian, an Argentine passport would allow more jobs abroad

I have a Tunisian passport and I wanted to travel to Argentina with my wife to give birth to our child so we could get an Argentine passport.

I know this passport offers much more mobility, but it will allow me to find easier (or more) job opportunities.

For your information, I am working abroad as an expat and looking for a passport that will allow me to get a work permit in most / more countries easily.

Many thanks