Travel abroad – travel to Prague with a Hungarian Schengen visa

What you do is called Visa Shopping and is frowned upon by the Schengen countries.

The rules state that you should apply for the country in which you mainly stay or where you spend most of your time. For your original plan, the Czech Republic is the place where you can apply.

If immigration officials suspect that something has really happened, they can make life difficult for a future visa application.

Nothing emerges from your question, but you seem to indicate that you have already started (and possibly completed) the process with Hungary and arranged your flights.

Changing your itinerary to spend most of your time in Budapest might be a solution, but it's a six-hour trip (longer by bus) from Prague to Budapest that goes through Austria or Slovakia along the way. It will be difficult to explain why you flew to Prague for a vacation in Budapest.

Rebooking your flights and later leaving for Prague may be a better option.

schengen – Can I leave earlier than the duration of my German national visa (also known as a long-term visa or a D visa)

I am applying for a German national D visa for 10 months. But I will probably leave Germany after 2 months.

Can there be a problem in the future? For example, you might ask why I applied for such a long-term visa when I wasn't going to stay that long.

Do I have to present the original letter of invitation from Poland at the airport after arriving in the Schengen area?

As a rule, letters of invitation are not required. If immigration officials doubt your stated purpose, they will likely want to call your friend to confirm it. If the officials believe you, they will not ask for any evidence to support your claim.

Invitation letters are easy to forge, so they have little evidence. A copy of an invitation letter may have a slightly lower value than an original, but "less than not much" is still "not much".

Customs and entry – travel inside and outside of Schengen with Italian Ricevuta + biometric passport (visa-free)

I am a Ukrainian citizen and I study in Italy. A few weeks ago I applied for the renewal of my permesso di soggiorno so that I am currently expired permesso di soggiorno and new ricevuta di soggiorno. I also have a biometric passport that allows me to travel within the Schengen area for 90 days (since 2017 there has been a visa-free system between Ukraine and the countries of the Schengen area). I would therefore like to know whether I can travel within the Schengen area with travel and a biometric passport (I assume, yes, but I have not found an official document in which it is written in detail. I also know that you are in the Hand are a temporary residence permit issued by Germany / Slovakia, with which you can travel within the Schengen zone with a biometric passport). I would also like to know whether I can leave and re-enter the Schengen zone with these documents via other Schengen countries.

Refusal of the Schengen visa due to the threat to public order, security and health

Rejection for these reasons …

You see one or more Member States as a threat to the public
Politics, internal security, public health within the meaning of Article 2 paragraph 19
Regulation (EC) No. 562/2006 (Schengen Borders Code) or
international relations of one or more member states).

… means that you need a lawyer specializing in EU law. It is a waste of time to get advice from the Internet as the answers fall into one of four categories …

  • Get a lawyer
  • Do something stupid (fake passport or covert entry)
  • Jingos rants that tell you and your nature to stay where you are
  • Incoherent hustle and bustle of random idiots

Individuals identified as a threat to the security of the zone have background reports that require lengthy discussions with a specialist, and there are no other viable alternatives. The same applies to questions about contesting the decision. Attempting to appeal for this reason is dangerous and also carries the risk that all of your content will be made publicly available! Contact a qualified practitioner!

The practitioner is also needed when the time window for an appeal has expired. There are data protection and freedom of information laws that require local expertise to navigate successfully. "Erase your name" is not an easy task.

Related answer: Schengen visa refusal: The reason for the purpose and conditions of the planned stay was not reliable

NOTE: To avoid the natural consequence, we add the following:

  • The consulate has already been in the Department of Homeland Security
    the United States you are trying to mobilize;
  • The consulate has already told the other Schengen members about it;
  • The consulate has informed its colonial missions abroad; and
  • The consulate has informed the UK that you are trying to mobilize
    The United Kingdom has itself informed the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom
    Commonwealth members put a stop flag on their passport.

Update April 21, 2016

Questions from phoog (to whom I thank) about the possibility that this rejection is due to a false identity led to an exchange of emails with a specialist. The result is that this reason ("one or more Member States consider you a threat to public policy …") means that they have received a biometric hit or some other clearly positive match. It's not like the American no-fly list, on which people of the same name create confusion. Instead, it means that this person (and no one else) is in trouble and it won't be fixed in the near future. Therefore, the answer above still applies. I am completing the advanced law course in Schengen this summer and may add another update to this answer.

Also note that they will not use this reason unless they get a positive, verifiable match. Instead, they use the Schengen visa refusal: the reason for the purpose and conditions of the planned stay was not reliable

Suitable article for requesting your transcript from the Schengen Information System: How can I find out whether someone is in the Schengen Information System (SIS)? Note: Even if you find incorrect information in your log, you will need an experienced practitioner to officially remove it and restore it to its original state.

schengen – Admission of foreign minors in Switzerland and Italy

For Italy, this is not a problem for the age group 15 to 17 years inclusive.

  • Up to and including 14, a form is required, which must be changed by an Italian consulate

For both (Italy and Switzerland) it is recommended to get written consent from the parents, which should include your name and address.
In theory, this could also be required when leaving the UK.

The link below contains a link to a Swiss form that should serve your purpose well, as the field descriptions are listed in all the required languages.

All parents must sign it and a copy of a photo ID (driver's license) should be included.


Visa – can I travel from a non-EU country to an EU country with a residence permit from another Schengen country?

A residence permit or card issued in a uniform format (list) by a Schengen state exempts you from any visa requirement for stays of no more than 90 days in a period of 180 days. As a rule, the recently issued residence permit in credit card format should bear the EU bull symbol.

For planned stays in the territory of the Member States of a duration
of no more than 90 days in a period of 180 days, which results in
taking into account the period of 180 days before each day of entry
The following conditions apply to third-country nationals:

b) if they are in possession of a valid visa, if this is required under paragraph 2
Council Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 (25), except where they stop a
valid residence permit or a valid visa for a longer stay

Art. 6, Schengen Borders Code

However, a temporary permit that has been issued pending the examination of an application for a residence permit or an asylum application does not count as a residence permit.

Use of a Schengen business visa for multiple entry tourism

In general, Schengen visas apply to all permitted purposes (there is no "business" or "tourism" category as in the US) and to all countries in the region. So if you really get a multiple entry visa with a long validity, you can reuse it after your first trip for another purpose and you don't need to apply for another visa if the first visa is still valid.

One or two entry visas are slightly different in this regard. See Can I use my Schengen visa for a completely different purpose and entry point? and Can I travel to Spain on a Greek Schengen visa even if I don't want to stay in Greece at all?

Note that even a multiple-entry visa may not offer a lot of flexibility, since you also need to comply with the rules for maximum stay and visa validity.

You usually submit an application now, and the consulate will decide what to do based on your history. So it's a little strange that they have already decided to issue a multiple entry visa before they see your itinerary and so on she I would tell you how long your trip should take (are you sure you got it right?). As your later experience has shown, consulates can always issue what they want and you are not sure until you have the actual visa in your passport.

In any case, you only have to provide proof of insurance for your first planned trip when applying for a multiple visa. You can take out insurance for each additional trip later.

schengen visas – Business Vs Tourism .. I need your help

I have a valid Business Schengen visa that was used in May 2019 for a business trip to Italy and Sweden. It is valid for up to one year and multiple answers are permitted.

Now I would like to visit France and Spain in March 2020 for tourist reasons. Do I have to apply for a new visa for this visit or should my business visa be in order?

Thank you very much