What is NIFT?
Emerging fashion designers want to join NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology). There are 16 NIFT's throughout India. These institutes offer 4-year B.Des programs and 2-year M.Des programs in a variety of disciplines, including fashion design and fashion technology.
There are two stages of testing:
Level 1 – written NIFT test (GAT + CAT)
Level 2 – NIFT Situation Test
What happens in the written NIFT test?
The GAT (General Ability Test) has a specific curriculum consisting of quantitative skills, communicative skills, English, analytical skills, general knowledge and current events. The GAT tests candidates for their logical, analytical, conscious and communicative abilities. After the GAT the CAT takes place.
Sections Number of questions
Understanding English 25
Quantitative ability 20
Communication skills 25
Analytical capability 15
General knowledge and current affairs 15
The creativity test (CAT) varies from year to year. It is unconventional and puts the artistic and creative abilities of the candidate to the test. Aspirants must demonstrate a good understanding of colors, creativity and communication skills through sketching.
Only after the candidate has approved the written test can he write the situation test. Generally, for each available seat, 5 aspirants are called up for the situation test.
What happens in the NIFT situation test?
In the situation test, the candidate receives material and topics. You must use the material to find something that fits the theme.
The situation test is designed to see how the candidate can think on their feet and make the most of the materials they use. After that, the candidate must also provide a description in which he explains his project. The evaluation must be in English.
So prepare for NIFT (written test) in 2 weeks
With the main focus you would have given for your board exams, you might not have had time to prepare for the entrances.
Now that you focus on NIFT, you need to make sure you cover all aspects of CAT & GAT. You have to do a lot in 2 weeks, so every day counts.
Focus less on math and English as you know the basics that you have dealt with in the lower grades
Spend time with reason, solving puzzles and current affairs
Try as many dummy tests as possible
Make sure you thoroughly handle your drawing-drawing / painting / scribbling techniques
Receive professional feedback on your drawings – this will help you to see your work better
With only 2 weeks left, DQ Edge is a great option as it has an intuitive interface that tells you what you want to learn.
The following tips will help you to crack NIFT in two weeks:
1) See DQ Edge Learning Material – Use only two weeks of NIFT learning material available on DQ Edge and start a mock test. Once you're done, the platform tells you what to study next. Just follow these instructions and you will see that your results improve by 45%. Dq Edge would have helped you to focus on relevant topics.
2) Take Online Marathon Courses – You do not have the luxury of time and it is best not to waste any of it on travel. Take marathon courses at home. Online webinars are provided by DQ Labs for those who need to scan everything in the 11th hour.
3) Defined schedule – The time constraint is inconceivable, so much pressure is created. The only way you can overcome this is to plan and stick to a rigorous schedule. There are students who invest 12 hours a day in their studies. Assign hours of the day to the various topics and sections displayed for the exam. Make it a point of what you have learned for the day. Revision is essential.
4) Reading News – Current affairs are just as important as static gk. Browse through all the events of the past year. Gatherings, sports, prizes, appointments, ministers and obituaries. You will find that competitive success, Manorama Yearbook, Leadthecompetition website provide reliable information as they have credible sources. Go all through and through, as this is theoretical knowledge that you are likely to keep.
5) Keep Up with Fashion – Learn more about the industry by keeping up with the emerging designers and their designs. This is true for both Bollywood and Hollywood. You'll find that celebrity fashion and stylist bloggers are the pinnacle of the industry. Follow them to stay up to date.
6) To draw – The creative aptitude test questions your creativity, let many drawings into the right perspective. Understand art terms and do not take this part easily, as it accounts for 50% of the exam. If you take a break from learning, take time for sketching and working with colors. Let experts tell you and tell you how to improve it. Mentors in DQ laboratories have graduated from renowned institutes such as IIT, NIFT and NID, which offer constructive criticism.
6) practice practice dolls – note papers are very important, as soon as the student considers all subjects manageable, they must decide to try the bill papers. Bill papers help the student to mentally prepare for the exam and help him deal with the time constraints. In coaching centers such as DQ laboratories, details of past work are collected and similar documents are structured for the students. DQ edge is an online platform that offers sample papers as well as questions from previous years. The test platform analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of the user, thereby providing problems that you can work on.
7) Pay attention to details. It's important to keep an eye out for details in the exams so that your work stands out among the tens of thousands that you need to have time to incorporate creative details into your project. The examiners award a corresponding rating. Work on your shading and sketching skills, explore what you are not or not good at, so that you can improve it.
8) Be versatile – The courses offered by the colleges have many practical projects. These projects will test your material handling skills to see if you can think on your feet. To be versatile, you must work with different materials such as paper, clay and origami. DQ labs participates in materials handling courses by helping students work with different materials and tools. The mentors make this session interactive and productive. Because of this, students can think on their feet and effectively achieve the desired results of the situation test
9) SWOT – This is a study method that is strongly recommended. Strength, weakness, opportunities and threats. Since there is not much time left, you need to quickly analyze your strengths and weaknesses and work towards them accordingly. This is where DQ Edge comes in handy, the online testing platform quickly analyzes your strengths and weaknesses, tells you which parts you can work on, and gives you a good head start.
10) Do not Stress – Make a point of staying calm. Unnecessary stress can eat up your time. So always work smart and do not get stressed out. Follow a strict schedule and take short breaks to get the knowledge better. The exam is easy to crack if one is ready and on the point, talking to people who have cracked the exam in their spare time, and make sure you get their input.
More articles can be found at: https://edge.dqlabs.in/articles