In a recent panel of experts for the WHSR blog, I have addressed the importance of finding the right platform for your business. Among other things, several experts opened the discussion on Shopify as an excellent CMS for e-commerce companies who wanted to integrate social media into their sales funnel. As we're here, let's talk more about the right strategy of shopify seo and how you can prepare your marketing efforts for 2018 (and why not, even further).
Shopify statistics for non-believers
According to a combination of official statistics and Shopify statistics (source: ExpandedRamBlings), as of August 1, 2017, there were approximately 500,000 Shopify retailers in 175 countries. In 2016, the same source had more than 20,000 distributors, with 25% of retailers allowing social selling in the same year. Since 2016, the platform has indicated that 62% of traffic and 51% of revenue were mobile. In August 2017, there are 1,800 apps on the Shopify App Store that have already been downloaded 7 million times. 1.2 million people actively use the Shopify backend platform. Total sales processed at Shopify were over $ 10 billion by the end of 2015, according to statistics. Talk about the potential.
How do these statistics reflect your business?
To summarize these statistics and findings:
- 500,000 dealers in 175 countries mean little competition to be exactly 2,857 dealers per country;
- Only 25% of them use social selling to be exactly 100,000.
- 62% mobile traffic and 51% mobile revenue means that you can get into the mobile optimization of your Shopify store from day one, so all resources and efforts are focused on a solid ROI.
- $ 10 billion in revenue and 51 percent in wireless – more than $ 5 billion in mobile revenue!
- 1,800 Shopify App Store apps, downloaded 7 million times, means, on average, that each app has been downloaded 3,889 times. If you look closely at the Google or Apple App Store, most apps will not see this number unless they surround a popular service or product.
This means that the Shopify platform provides immense potential, low competition, great momentum and user interaction, generating money, revenue and opportunities for merchants, developers and customers.
The right SEO strategy from Shopify
From the above numbers, it's clear that mobile search optimization should be part of your long-term marketing plan. However, do not skip the basic Google optimization. Shopify companies can now sync their store to Google Merchant Center via direct, automated API feeds. When a Google AdWords campaign is set up, products from your store will be visible on all Google channels. This is a great option to consider, as PPC plays a role in customer acquisition, retention and reactivation. The app that does this is called Google Shopping. Here you will find more information and feedback. The platform also has built-in analytics that you can access as a stand-alone or in your GA to monitor the evolution of your ecommerce business. A Website Optimizer feature helps you simplify the store's search engine. Note, however, that you can not rely solely on the predefined settings. This requires additional adjustments.
Check the basics
No online store can fulfill these basic call to action:
- Title tags, meta descriptions, and page URLs for blog posts, web pages, product pages, or collections – all editable
- Themes automatically generate title tags with your store name, as well as sitemap files and robots.txt
- ALT tag for product pictures, customizable img filenames
- Sitemap.xml and robots.txt files that can later be submitted and tested in GA / Webmaster Tools
- Social sharing and social media profile linking – All topics are required for these settings
- Canonical URL to prevent duplicate content or pages – if that sounds like Chinese to you, here's a guide to Shopify.
- Mobile-ready features and mobile-responsive templates
- SSL Certificates (which, as Google just announced, will affect your ranking in the long run)
- Security Certificates – Your customers need to know that their data is handled with care and is not exposed to any type of privacy breach. Shopify offers PCI DSS compliant Tier 1 security features.
- Additional apps and plugins to help you optimize your search optimization (you may want to consider schema.org and markups to help you structure the pages of your online store to improve usability).
- Integrated blogging system and news corner, allowing your store to benefit from content marketing and rich keyword content that search engines can easily index
What experts suggest
When it comes to the best Shopify SEO strategy for e-stores, Oberlo has a few tips:
- Choose relevant page titles that best express what is relevant to customer search.
- Your title tags are important not only to customers but also to search engines to understand what your pages and your e-store are about.
- Set title tags for each page, product, collection, and blog post. You do not want to miss the opportunity to generate traffic or leads.
- Keep your title tags short, ideally under 70 characters, to get a full view of search engines.
- Always add the name of your store in the title tag to ensure credibility for search users and to build a bridge between products and brands. This is best done by including the name of your business at the bottom of the page title after a disconnect symbol, such as B. the vertical lines "|" or the hyphen "-".
- At the very beginning, include your target keywords in your title tag. You may find in the future that titles that contain keywords tend to be more relevant and achieve a better ranking than keys used for authoritative purposes only.
- Add variations to your keywords, depending on which page you're targeting. Keywords for title page tags are most likely different from product pages or blog pages. And it's fine to be different!
- Add keywords to your meta-description to improve the visibility of your search and use an actionable language for your visitors. They need solutions for their search. Do not forget to consider the human aspect.
- Keep your meta descriptions under 155 characters and customize them for products, pages, posts – you'll get them.
- Alt image Alt Text can contain complex keywords, such as: B. 4-6 words ("Women's Jeans Summer Discount"). Ideally, you should rename your image with your own name – visual search engines will certainly pick this up.
- Use the platform as a broadcasting environment: Make sure that an article is posted or announced to the world every time an update or new product becomes available. Search engines love fresh things.
- Product descriptions must also be checked regularly. Make sure they stay fresh and relevant. Do not overload the keywords.
- Build your traffic with blog entries, customer stories, product updates, new releases, top offers, and more.
Social is the new social
You heard me right. Today, there are additional ways to stay in touch with customers and generate new customers. Facebook Live, Youtube Live, AMA Sessions (Instagram Questions) and Instagram Stories. If you're new to Instagram, check out my Instagram Marketing Guide on NinjaOutreach. Instagram has also recently launched polls in their Insta stories, so you can ask your audience to vote, update, and take action for a new product with "Yes" or "No" (you can also customize your selections). which the brand is considering. In addition, you can access insights and control who mentions your brand (option on Instagram). Insights include impressions, reach, website clicks, follower activity, video views, save, replies, quit. With social media platforms that enable video streaming and live video support, a foundation for community building is being created on other channels alongside their own e-store. An advice: Do not be shy of the communitybecause this is also a product itself!
"People of the same kind stick together"This applies to any type of search engine optimization. In your GA console, you can access specific mobile factors in addition to classic content relevance, authority, page load speed, and domain age. Google's Mobile Page Speed tool gives you access to what you need to improve mobile traffic, as well as additional bugs and fixes. A variety of mobile SEO tips can be found in the section Traffic for Searching for Mobile Usability. Now Google and other search engines pay attention to mobile content and keywords, which are preferred over normal desktop pages. Local shops and local businesses are ranked highest in rankings. This is great news as you plan to optimize your Shopify store deliveries in different countries and cities. To find out which cities and countries you want to target, first consider the locations of your visitors (country, region, city-specific), your GA account, and the locations of your social media followers if you want to target Your advertising efforts. Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) can help improve mobile search visibility, but not desktop search. AMP currently works only for publishers or Google News articles. The future, however, is good. You can use Google AMP for your PR campaigns or building links. As with search engine optimization for desktop sites, you can improve the ranking if you consider the following:
- Use the relevance principle: Help search engines and users understand what your business is about. Register your business locally in Google Business, Facebook Business, Instagram, LinkedIn, use geo-targeting and directory listing from Yahoo and Bing.
- Ask for customer reviews and reviews. I prefer the use pleased, a simple feedback tracking tool that sends customers an email asking them to rate your service or store from 1 to 10 and then redirecting them to a feedback text box. Once the customer clicks Submit, the tool collects feedback in a kind of "news feed". The tool is free for up to 250 contacts.
- Use a roadmap or visual planner for your SEO strategy to track updates, changes, and optimizations. TeamWeek better explains how roadmap tools work on their blog and suggests creating separate groups for your departments (or teams), followed by separate milestones.
- Improve small but important mobile details such as 404 errors, pop-ups in full-screen mode, and incorrect redirects.
These SEMRush article Explains more about mobile optimization and expert recommendations.
Since many marketing professionals advertise, today everyone can start a business. The possibilities are endless. But in the jungle, you can not get along without a real plan. As a CMS, Shopify has potential and clearly benefits from the business model of e-commerce. The right SEO strategy from Shopify starts with the basic fixes and principles and moves towards mobile e-stores. Shopify generated more than $ 5 billion in revenue (51% of total revenue) and 62% of the traffic is mobile. By introducing the benefits of social media, Google's mobile optimization tips, and expert suggestions, your ecommerce company will never lose visibility or prominence in the face of competition. Source: Unsplash