MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Sign up to join this community
Anybody can ask a question
Anybody can answer
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
Ok, so I was a bit lost when my teacher explained how to do these problems on a calculator. Please help me learn how to do it on a calculator, or just how to solve these examples! Thanks!
- Write an exponential function y=abx whose graph passes through the given points.
(0, 1), (2, 4)
- Use the table of values to determine whether or not an exponential model is a good fit for the data (x, y).
x : ln y
- Find an exponential model by solving for y.
ln y = 1.024x + 1.668
- Write a power function y = axb whose graph passes through the given points.
(1, 3), (2, 24)
- Use the table of values to determine whether or not a power model is a good fit for the data (x, y).
ln x : ln y
- Find a power model by solving for y.
ln y = 3 ln x