Can anyone please tell me if my procedure is correct and enough.
I’ve always heard and read that I must disconnect from the internet when creating Electrum Wallets, to keep away from hacks, viruses, malware or having my bitcoins stolen.
I have created electrum wallets and bitaddress paper wallets yesterday. Though I dont know much about its technicalities, I just followed simple procedures I’ve read online.
- downloaded electrum exe installer and bitaddress (from github)
- save them in my usb
- disconnected my laptop from the internet
- uninstall and reinstall Windows 10 (I have windows installation files too, in my usb)
- created Electrum wallet, write the seed in a paper. save the wallet file in my usb.
- created bitaddress paper wallet, write the Public Key and Private Key in a paper (not print). have checked the spellings, capitalizations multiple times.
- uninstall and reinstall windows 10 again, scanned my usb, then connect again to the internet.
Thanks for any advice / clarifications,