The following method worked for me to stiffen up a generic fakey-pod (i.e., meaningless name / brand gorillapod clone). This may or may not work for your version.
I only had problems with a few joints. These lacked stiffness when being bent and would not hold position. The joints push together – ball-end into socket. They dismantle by being physically pulled apart along the axis running down the length of the leg. This requires bravery, stupidity, a degree of strength, and a certainty that yours works the same way.
Once separated, a sheet of something suitably thin and suitably durable can be placed across the socket and the ball end pushed back into the socket. I used thin polyethylene shopping bag material.
Success depends on the “correct” thickness and properties of the sheet and a modicum of luck.
The real thing:
This was done ‘quite a few years ago’.
It appears that i used two or maybe 3 laers of bag – whatever is required which will depend on plastic thickness, width of gap (and may phase of moon as well).
I assume I cut it to approximately circular once assembled and that it has frayed in use.
The joint stiffness feels much the same as the others. Prior to “repair” it was unusably floppy.
Click on picture for larger view.