I'm trying to do the following, a behavior like Windows Explorer where the mouse and keyboard work well together.
Here is a GIF with explanations:
- First, I click on one of the folders with the mouse
- 2. When I click on the background area, the folder is not focused but still selected
- Third, I go with the keyboard to the next folder
In summary, mouse and keyboard work well together.
In Unity, this is a completely different story, here's a pretty simple menu created with the actions in the hierarchy context menu, nothing special:
The following happens:
- I click on one of the buttons with the mouse
- I go to the next button with the keyboard
- I click in the empty area, the button loses focus
- I try to get to the next button with the keyboard, nothing happens
I've tried a few things like Disable Raycast target Disable on images, disable background panels or make them opaque, but to no avail.
How can the Unity UI behave like Windows Explorer?
(If clicking with the mouse in the empty area does not interrupt the keyboard navigation)