Windows 10 files’ last accessed time and date are behaving strangely,
- The last accessed time for ALL files on my computer has been changed to the time of a restart upon restarting.
- Right clicking on a file changes its last accessed time to the current time, I chose a folder to experiment with, I set it so that the files are listed and sorted by last accessed time, and merely right clicking on a file and refreshing the page would move the file to the top of the list.
- Sometimes opening a file does not update the last accessed time, not even after a refresh.
So two questions:
- Why is this the case and what can I try to do to fix this?
- Could this be the work of a malware? Is there a way for me to check WHO accessed these files?