With this latest windows update, I have been seeing an influx of this error when my users try and access a mapped drive, or even a direct connection to the server hosting the mapped drive:
You can’t access this shared folder because your organization’s
security policies block unauthenticated guest access
Most of the time I can go into the Group Policies, Security policies, or the Registry and set the Lanman Workstation values to Allow Insecure Guest Access. However, I have one workstation that will not connect for some reason.
so far I have done the following:
- Edited the security policy to allow insecure guest access in the Lanman workstation.
- Edited the group policy to allow insecure guest access in the Lanman Workstation.
- Edited the Registry to allow insecure guest access in the Lanman Workstation.
Specifics about the Workstation
- Windows 10 with the most recent update pack.
- Refuses to find the network with a static IP.
- Will only connect to the network via DHCP
- when trying to domain the computer it will not find the domain server using DOMAIN, and DOMAIN.LOCAL does not exist for it.
- File server is Linux Based
Has anyone run across this issue? is there some insight that I’m missing? I’m a Jr. Administrator and am still learning.